quick updates

It's been a little while since I have posted to the blog. I figured I would share a little about what's going on and what's in the works. In my last few posts I talked about doing the 100 day project on instagram, which I think unconsciously became my new outlet for creativity (making it difficult to run the business, letter daily and also keep up the blog). It was such a truly incredible experience and I want to do another post soon about that project and what it's led to. I am so overwhelmed by all the love and support yall gave me during this project and it turned out more amazing than I could have hoped.


Apart from the everyday activities here at the studio, I also got to get away for a big chuck of July. I went on a much needed vacation to the Caribbean, as well as visited some family in Florida. AND BECAME AN AUNT OH EM GEE!! Although it was a little chaotic getting back, I feel incredibly lucky to have had the time away.

A little sad news. While working on some renovations for the new studio space we came across some larger issues that look to be leading to a lawsuit. This has been hard on me. Not just the fact that the studio space is not going to happen anytime soon and the legal side of this is a nightmare, but that the dreams, goals and plans that Bluebonnet Press was moving toward have now all been shifted. Although this year is going to look different for the business than I had anticipated, I am excited about what's ahead and can't wait to see what happens. Because it's astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen...

**Quote by Frances Hodgson Burnett, lettering inspiration from Mallory Lucille featured on Design Love Fest**

1 comment: