#the100dayproject

I recently found out about about the 100 day project, and LOVED the idea. From the website: It’s a celebration of process that encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal. For the100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process. I have found that I do really well when I challenge myself to do something within specific guidelines (I actually won 2nd place on the #ioc45days challenge!) so I knew I wanted to do this. But what to do?

I wanted to do something that:
I like duh
I am bad at, and hopefully after 100 days will be a little better. 
Seemed doable (that I would actually have time, access, and resources to do for 100 days)


So I came up with hand lettering. I absolutely love hand lettering, and follow several calligraphers and designers on instagram just so my feed can be filled with such pretty lettering. I am horrible at it though, and even my regular handwriting its pretty atrocious. I think this challenge will be a good way for me to be real, give into the process, and break me out of my need for perfection. I am excited, and scared. If you'd like to follow along, I am going to be posting the sketches on instagram - no guarantees there won't be doodles on post-its or napkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment