productivity and eating frogs

So I can be a bit of a procrastinator, especially with things that aren't my favorite...tax documents I'm looking at you. One thing that's always helped me, and I have started doing again these past few months, is to start with the awful stuff. My mom used to always tell us, you just gotta eat that frog!



The saying comes from the book Eat That Frog (full disclosure: I actually have not read) but the idea is that when you start your day, to start it with the thing you are dreading the most. Whatever you hate doing, start with that - just eat the frog and get it over with. Then the rest of your day is completely downhill and you feel so proud and motivated since that gross thing is behind you! This also prevents you from doing other fun things (that do need to get done) first and running out of time at the end of the day to get the horrible thing done - because we all know that can happen several days in a row.

I can't say I do this everyday yet, but when I do, it really is motivating and prevents me from procrastinating on the unfun stuff. Give it a try tomorrow!

1 comment: