giving myself grace

So, it's been quite a while since I have blogged. I honestly was thinking that the blog would end, but I don't think that's what I want to do. I still have a love/hate relationship with social media and capturing my life (more on that here) but I feel it is important to keep going and pressing on. If I am being totally honest, the set back with the studio, as well as a few other things, have made this past year both personally and professionally difficult in a way I wasn't prepared for. My personality is very much all or nothing, and it becomes easy for me to justify nothing when I feel overwhelmed in doing it all. This is something I understand about myself, and want to continuously work on - hence this blog post.


I want to give myself grace, and hold myself to a standard of hard work, rather than perfection. So that is what I will do, and I hope you are also able to give yourself grace when you seemingly fall short. Because really, in the end, if my worth or value were determined by the work that I did, goodness sake! Thank you Lord for loving me, and showing me how I should also view myself. In other falling off the wagon news - yes I am still going to finish #The100DayProject this year, even if it takes me an additional month! :P

4 comments:

  1. If you have a minute, I'd like to introduce you to my blog "Emily's Virtual Rocket". This is a serious newsblog with a special emphasis on transgender issues. Almost every day, the newsblog is updated, so you can read the very latest. In addition, I have covered news critiquing Donald Trump.

    I hope you find this interesting. Please paste the following:

    emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you wish to comment-

    thoreaugreen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete