in the studio: first craft fair

Saturday I did my first craft fair. It was such an amazing learning experience. I was very stressed before hand, just so many unknowns, but in the end there was no reason to worry. When will I learn?

^^sorry this is so blurry, the lighting was weird and we got someone else to snap it!^^






As I mentioned last post, designing the booth was so fun! Corey helped me build that card display, and I just love it! The chalk board was a bit of a challenge, but it turned out great too - and I think the imperfections add the charming hand made feel I was going for. Several other vendors complimented me on my booth and were surprised this was my first show.

The best part was being able to meet other vendors and learn from each other. Kathie from Applicious Treats makes delicious chocolate covered apples that can be personalized for any event. In addition to custom orders, she sells her apples at craft fairs all over Houston. She was able to give me some great tips for navigating fairs and recommended some great shows to attend. I also met Marquise who has an awesome etsy shop, Art of Making, where she sells her unique hair bows and bow ties. Her bows are such high quality; they are all completely sewn and lined with structured interfacing. She gave me some great advice I will be implementing with my own etsy shop.

Starting a ready made line for Bluebonnet Press has been such an awesome adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment