lollipop wreath

I made this wreath for my friend Whitney's baby shower this weekend. The shower theme was "ready to pop" so I thought it would be a cute way to welcome guests as they came in.


To make this I used a green floral foam wreath and lots of dum dums (about 500.) I started cutting the sticks down so a little less than an inch remained. However, I quickly discovered it was much easier to simply bend the stick back and forth a few times and rip the unwanted piece off. Then I stuck the dum dums in the wreath and they held great without any glue. The candy placement wasn't very precise, I just tried to be mindful of the colors I used, alternating them so I didn't end up with a patch of any one color at the end. This was a simple project with a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment