i am officially a swifty...

The new album came out Monday, and I am pretty sure I've listened to it 1,989 times already. Seriously....it's SO good...I am obsessed!!


photo credit: taylor swift
I know, I know...I don't have sophisticated taste in music (most things on the hot 100 I LOVE ha) - but the album is getting great reviews - and I totally agree. Plus this might be controversial, but I think music doesn't have to be great (composition) to be great (enjoyed). 

We talked about this concept a lot in school regarding art. What makes art art? What makes it great? Is it the composition, the elements of design it utilizes correctly - color, shape, space, form, scale, contrast? Is it the role it has within society? Popularity of the artist? Is it just the right dealer/critic relationship at the right time? While there are a lot of variables that factor into what makes art great, I think if it elicits a strong response from the viewer it's pretty great. That's why sometimes the small painting buried under broken frames at the flee market can bring a tear to your eye just as much as the breath taking pieces in museums.

So excuse me while I get back to designing, Tay blasting in the background of course. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment