thankful heart

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. This year was my third year to cook the Thanksgiving feast. I have seen my share of dry turkey and chard marshmallows, but this year was magical, everything not only tasted perfect but was hot at the same time! We fried the turkey (I had no hand in) which turned out wonderful and there were no explosions or scary fires, just juicy turkey.

photo credit: Boston Public Library

And while I LOVE the food (seriously, I probably ate my weight in stuffing), I love the thankful heart much more. The daily grind is filled with many obstacles: being sick, not having a camera, the computer crashing & possibly losing all my fonts, finishing the restoration of my paper cutter, and the million other things left on the to-do list. These challenges are all a part of life and need to be attended to, but if we don't step back and look at the big picture we will become self focused and negative. There is so much more to life.

Thank you Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment