hello organization

Have you ever had dreams where you couldn't read or figure out how to operate your cell phone? Well, last night I dreamed that I could not find a specific file on my computer. It was so frustrating staring at my laptop and searching though folder after folder. It wouldn't have been nearly so realistic if my computer files were more organized!

I like to think organizing is difficult for me because I am a 'creative' person, ha! Whatever the reason, having things unorganized is just not as efficient. The past few weeks I have been reorganizing everything in my studio - my work space, closet/shelving, file cabinet and computer files.

photo credit: the picket fence

I am trying to use the fork method. Where does a fork go? A fork goes in the utensil divider, in the utensil drawer, in the cabinet, in the kitchen. Giving everything a specific place it belongs. This not only makes straitening up much faster, but helps the clutter bug in me purge unnecessary things taking up space (like beautiful piles of paper scraps much too small to print on - hello recycling!)

No comments:

Post a Comment