book review: The Handmade Marketplace

Remember when I made a few goals for the year? I thought I would share my thoughts on The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin. I saw this at Barnes and Noble recently and flipping through it I thought it would be a great read, especially as I am trying to establish the ready made line of Bluebonnet Press.

I really liked this book. It is a well rounded resource for selling goods: from getting to know your business, to advertising and the importance of images, to how to practically and effectively sell your items. The book is written in a very informal, easy to read style yet the content is not compromised at all. One of my favorite things are the interviews from successful business owners. In many ways the book feels like a guided panel discussion chocked full of useful advice. It was great for me to go back to the basics and reanalyze my business as I venture on, as well as learn lots of new things. I got a lot out of it and will continue to use it as a reference. I would recommend The Handmade Marketplace for anyone who sells handmade goods, or who is just thinking about taking that leap. Plus the illustrations are so precious! 






No comments:

Post a Comment