lemon sugar scrub

I had such an amazing trip, but am sure glad to be back! And back to normal ha. Jet lag is a terrible thing, and it was a little rough getting back and back to work. I am going to do a big post about the trip soon (full of lots of pictures) but in the meantime I thought I would share a quick and easy gift idea.

I use a similar sugar scrub to clean up and moisturize my hands after printing. The ink and press cleaning solution can really be rough on your hands. Recently I have been using it a little more often when my hands (or elbows) feel a little dry. So when I had a $5 gift exchange with some dear friends, I thought these scrubs would be the perfect thing!


ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vitamin e oil
coarse lemon zest
15 drops lemon essential oil

directions:
peel lemon with vegetable peeler then chop finely (this gives a much coarser zest than using a grater and I think looks cuter)
microwave coconut oil for 20 seconds in a large bowl
mix in other ingredients then store in an air tight container
finish with a ribbon and label

I kind of hate my handwriting (I think it's because I see so much gorgeous hand lettering all the time!) but I think a handwritten label for gifts adds so much charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment