mainely sandwiches

A few days ago several weeks ago (goodness gracious blogging has falling to the wayside recently!) I went to a new restaurant, Mainely Sandwiches, with my good friend Rachel. Her sister actually got married in Maine and had lobster rolls at their reception. Since I had never had a lobster roll, Rachel took the opportunity to introduce me to their deliciousness!


Woah baby it was good! The roll itself was warm, buttery and toasted which was the perfect compliment to the cool refreshing lobster. It was a little expensive $9.50 for a half roll, but lobster isn't native to Texas. I also had a whoopie pie which was equally as good. I have such fond memories of making whoopie pies with my best friend in high school. And the whoopie pies at Mainely Sandwiches didn't disappoint. The restaurant itself is quaint, decorated in a nautical theme, and most importantly, the people that work there are very friendly. This place is great, and I have actually been back twice since! The address on the menu says North Fwy, but I went to the Shepherd location (I am sure both are fantastic). If you have a chance, check it out.

2 comments: