in the studio: photography

Working on photographing some new inventory for the shop today.


I am certainly no photographer, but I have learned a few things along the way. 

  1. Make sure the background you're working with has interest, but does not distract from what you are trying to photograph.
  2. Good lighting is key. Everything seems to look better in natural light, near a window is great for this. I also use a studio lamp to help cast shadows and show the beautiful impression of letterpress.
  3. What you're photographing needs to be in focus. I have found that a tripod and hand remote helps eliminate blurry photos. These are not expensive and really improve the quality of your photos.
  4. Don't be afraid to take the camera setting off automatic/green square. Sure the photos may suck at first, but with some patience and setting adjustments they will turn out much better. 
  5. To get a good photo takes lots of patience.

PS: This photo was actually taken with my phone, since I was taking a picture of my camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment